Can we finally do away with the stadiometer? I have no idea, but with today’s technology, I suppose everything is possible. No one thought a cell phone could measure our heights ten years ago. The iPhone and iPad give us a hint of what might be possible.
But do you want to know how to use your iPhone or iPad to measure height? Do you want to use your iPhone or iPad to determine how tall you are? Then wait and show the first app that can measure height, the Measure app.
The Measure app uses a LiDAR scanner to measure anything. Light Detection and Ranging is what LiDAR is short for. The sensor can measure any object and helps a lot while taking portrait pictures with the bokeh effect.
But the measure app does not work with all iPhones and iPads.
Here is a list of the devices that the LiDAR Scanner can work with:
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch (4th Gen & later)
- iPad Pro 11 inch (2nd Gen & later)
How to Use an iPhone or iPad to Figure Out How Tall Someone Is
It’s not hard to figure out how tall someone is using an iPhone. You can find out how tall the next person is with just a few clicks.
Just do these simple things:
- Open the Measure app on your iPhones or iPads that can do so.
- Now bring the person in front of the camera whose height wants to measure. (The person should stand in front of the camera from their feet to their heads. If they move even a little bit, it can make things harder. Make sure the person stands where there is enough light.)
- After a while, a line will appear on the head when everything is ready.
- You can now take this picture—tap on it.
- If not, you can take a picture of the screen.
- Move the phone away from the person for a moment so your iPhone can measure the person again. And allow you to measure another person’s height.
You can now look at the picture whenever you want. You can even send this picture to someone who will ask how tall you are.
Questions People Usually Ask
Does your iPhone know how tall you are?
Your iPhone can tell you how tall you are in one minute. Launch the measure app and hold still in front of the camera. After some time, your iPhone can tell how high your head is.
Which iPhones and iPads are compatible with the measure app?
Augmented reality makes the measure app work on the Lidar Scanner. The measure app doesn’t work on all iPhones and iPads. It works on iPhone Pro models 12 and up and iPad Pro models 11 inches.
Is the height measurement on the iPhone correct?
Most of the time, yes. It’s 99.99% accurate about height. Everything has been checked by hand. We can see our exact height when we use the Lidar scanner and AR together. But if you’re giving your height at a big event, do it the way it’s always been.
As technology grows, it makes our lives easier in every way. Today, we can use the iPhone to measure our height. Tomorrow, we can use it to do anything else.
Keep an eye on Techdator to learn more about iPhones, iPads, and Macs. But don’t forget to tell people what you think about how the measure works.
Leave a Reply