A tenant is a domain account that is tied to the Microsoft 365 Suite. A tenant administrator has access to all of the subscription’s features. In some cases, mailboxes must be relocated to a different tenant. The migration process is really complicated; you must do some preliminary work, complete a few standards, and obtain permits in order to proceed.
You can move the contacts and mail calendar to the target tenant mailbox separately if you have less than 500 users. Sort the migration by any standards, such as dates, while migrating emails. Use the multi-pass strategy to move data in numerous batches when you have 500 or more users.
Contacts, calendars, and one week’s worth of data are the only things you can transmit. After that, you must select a migration technique. You can also select the type and quantity of data that will be transferred. Even when using the tool on a Cloud Desktop as a Service solution, migration can be done with the help of PowerShell scripts.
Third-party migration tools, on the other hand, are highly suggested because they provide total control over the migration as well as instant and effective processes. A kernel is a fantastic tool that was built specifically for Microsoft 365 Tenant to Tenant Migration. It allows customers to move all Microsoft 365 mailboxes from one tenancy to another with ease. It offers a number of useful features that make it the best tool for Microsoft 365 transfer.
Here is how the office 365 Tenant migration tool works:
- Install and run the Kernel programme on your computer.
- Select Add Source from the home screen to make the principal tenant Microsoft 365 account the source.
- When the Office 365/Exchange page appears on the screen, enter your Microsoft 365 account information and select List all mailboxes using the credentials listed above. Then select Get User Mailboxes from the drop-down menu. All of your Microsoft 365 mailboxes will appear in the window; choose the ones you want and then click Add.
- Select Add in the Add Destination portion to add the next Microsoft 365 tenant as the target after adding mailboxes to the source part.
- In the target area, provide credentials for your Microsoft 365 account in the same way you did in the source section. To ensure smooth migration, double-check that you’ve added all of the mailboxes.
- Connect the target and source mailboxes after you’ve added them both, and then pick Set Filter and Migrate.
- Select the kind of destination (Public Folder, Mailbox, or Archive Mailbox) and then click Migrate.
- On the screen, the Filter Selection tab will display. If necessary, apply filters to the mailboxes and choose I am OK to Begin Migration.
The utility will start the mailbox migration procedure from one tenant to another.
After the migration is complete, a confirmation message will appear on your screen; select OK to finish the procedure.
A CSV file can be used to save the migration report. Using the Kernel tool, you may complete Microsoft 365 tenant to tenant migration in a matter of minutes. Apps4Rent offers the best tenant-to-tenant migration services for Office 365. They also provide additional services such as SharePoint Migration and many more.