How to fix a network-locked Samsung Galaxy phone? This article will show you how to unlock your Samsung Galaxy phone differently.
How Do You Know If Your Samsung Galaxy Phone Is Locked to a Network?
Samsung doesn’t lock any of its devices to a specific network. Contact the original service provider or merchant for an unlock code.
Some service providers might let you unlock the device for a small fee or for free, while others might not let you do it at all.
Put the SIM card from a different network into your Samsung phone, then turn it on. Messages will show if it’s locked to a given network:
- “Network lock”
- “SIM network unlock PIN.”
- “SIM password”
- “SP lock”
- “Phone freezes SIM unavailable.”
If your Samsung phone is hard-locked, you can’t use the unlock code to get in.
If the phone is hard locked, the message “Network lock with an SOS or Dismiss button” will appear on the screen.
Samsung Galaxy SIM Card Unlock
- Navigate to Settings
- Choose security and biometrics.
- Click on Other safety settings
- Tap “Lock the SIM card”.
- Enter the PIN for your SIM card
- (Note: The default PIN is 1234)
Samsung Galaxy Network Unlock Codes
- If the screen says “Enter Network Lock Control Key” or “SIM Network Unlock PIN” you need to do one of two things.
- If you see the message “Unsuccessful” you have tried to enter the unlock code more than once.
- In this situation, type:
- To reset your phone, dial *2767*3855#.
- Put your Unfreeze code (MCK) into the SIM network to unlock the PIN.
- It will show you the message “Failed”, which you would expect.
- Now, type in your unlock code and then tap Unlock.
If the screen shows the message “SIM card not valid,” do the following:
- Enter the code below (replace Network (NCK) with the real code)
- Network (NCK)# #0111*Network (NCK)#
If you try to use a SIM from a different network and see the message “Phone Freeze,” then:
In the “Phone freeze screen” section, you need to type the Unfreeze code (MCK). If nothing happens, tap Call or #.
If the message SP lock shows up:
- The SPCK code will be asked of you.
- Type in the code SPCK.
If the message “SIM password” shows up:
Enter your “unfreeze” code when asked, and the phone will be unlocked.
If the message SIM lock, enter password shows up:
- Type in the code below (your real code goes in (MCK)).
- #0149*Unfreeze (MCK)#
If you see the message “Network Unlock PIN…contact your service provider,” do the following:
- Start your Samsung phone without the SIM card in it.
- Dial #7465625638#
- Enter your Unfreeze code (MCK)
- “Failed” will show up as a message.
- Now you have to enter the network unlock code.
Leave a Reply