Now that you’ve been using LinkedIn for a while, you’ve decided to take a break. Users can temporarily shut down their LinkedIn accounts if they want to.
When you’re ready to come back, you won’t have to start over with your profile. You can just log back in and keep using it. If you don’t know what to do, just keep reading.
Here, we’ll show you how to temporarily turn off your LinkedIn account in a quick and easy way.
How to turn off your LinkedIn account temporarily
Follow the steps below to turn off your LinkedIn account for a while:
- Open your favorite browser and go to the LinkedIn website.
- Enter your email address and your password to log in.
- Next, tap or click on “Me” or your profile picture at the top of the page.
- When a drop-down menu appears, click on Settings & privacy.
- Click Account next.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom until you see a choice. Your LinkedIn account goes to sleep; click on it
- Choose one of the answers that gives more information about why you’re closing your account.
- Write it in the box if you want to add something.
- Click Next when you’re done.
- On the next page, when asked, type in your password.
- Click Hibernate account when you are done.
This is how you can turn off your LinkedIn account for a short time. Other LinkedIn members won’t be able to see what you say or post.
People will see that you are a member of LinkedIn. When you’re ready to go back to LinkedIn and use your account again, all you have to do is log in. After logging in, you can use your Account as usual.