People use browsers and apps on their devices to do many things, like watch videos or read the content. But pop-up ads are something everyone has to deal with, no matter what browser or device they use.
Even though some sites don’t have too many ads, most users still find them annoying. Not only that, but some ads may have harmful content or malware.
At this point, it’s helpful to use the Best Ad Blocker plugin, software, or extension to stop the constant flow of ads while browsing the web or using an app or service. Here, we talk about the best free ad blockers on the market. Choose the one that works best for you.
Top 10 Ad Blockers for Windows That Are Free
Many suitable types of Ad Blocker for Windows keep ads from appearing while they are being used. Most of the choices we found work with different modern browsers. We made a list of the top 10 tools we found here for those block ads.
Avira Browser Safety is one of the best Ad Blockers that Windows users can use to protect themselves well from ads. It is a free add-on that users of the Avira Antivirus software can get to help protect their privacy and browsing.
The features of Avira Browser Safety are all about making surfing safe since it blocks phishing and other bad sites. When an infected ad shows up on the system, it’s easy for it to find it and block it.
The add-on service also protects against browser hijacking and tracking and ensures that transactions and communications are safe. You can also choose what to block, like tracking on the web, in ads, and on social media.
Compatible with: Windows
Browser Add-ons/Compatibility: Firefox, Opera, and Chrome
- Automatically blocks sites with too many or dangerous ads.
- Finds tracking and stops it through ads.
- Check for applications you don’t want to make removing them easier.
- Protects the system or browser from attempts to take over.
- The user interface (UI) makes it easy to change settings.
- There is the Dark Mode option.
- The features are easy to use.
- This comes with the Avira Antivirus software as an add-on.
- Users of Edge can’t get it.
AdBlocker Ultimate is, without a doubt, one of the best ad blockers for Windows users. It works with different types of browsers and has strong features that give users the best security and privacy.
This free extension for web browsers blocks online trackers, dangerous sites, and annoying ads without any trouble. Also, it doesn’t have the “acceptable ads” feature, where there are ads on the site that are already set to be okay.
Users have full control over what kinds of ads they see and can add directly to their “safelist” any sites they need to visit.
Browser Extensions/Compatibility: Firefox, Safari, Edge, Chrome
- Users can block certain parts of websites to make them work better for them.
- Strong privacy protections for all of your information while you browse.
- Users can choose which ads to block or accept directly through an “advanced allowlist.”
- Strong ad-blocking technology that protects against all kinds of ads.
- Free to use on any device.
- Easy to block different kinds of ads.
- Compatible with different kinds of web browsers.
- No Acceptable ads are pre-set.
- Beginners might find it a little hard at first.
AdLock is the best free ad blocker that users can use to get rid of all kinds of ads while they browse. It makes it easy to block banners and pop-ups on websites and protects users’ data. The AdLock extension also stops users from seeing ads for crypto mining and videos.
When people use AdLock, they can expect to waste less battery and protect their mobile data. This solution looks for bugs and spyware, and looks for broken links. It also does a good job of hiding all user data.
Browser Extensions/Compatibility: Firefox, Safari, Edge, Chrome
Price: Free, USD 253.75 per month for one month, USD 213.52 per month for one year, and USD 109.34 per month for five years.
- Keeps your data and browser safe from ads that track you.
- Gets rid of all kinds of ads.
- Finds and blocks ads while a video is playing.
- Add-ons like a warning about spam.
- Users of AdLock can use more than one device with each plan.
- You can get your money back.
- Support for customers 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Doesn’t have the ability to let websites show ads that are okay.
- Plans that cost money have the best features.
This is the best Ad Blocker for Windows, and it works in a low-key way. Stands Fair AdBlocker is mostly useful for people who use Chrome, but it is not an extension that works with other browsers. But when it comes to how it works, Stands Fair AdBlocker does a good job of blocking ads.
It protects well against many different kinds of ads, like autoplay video ads, display ads, and ads on social media sites. You can also easily change the type of content and ads you want to see, and you can even put certain websites on an “allowlist.”
Browser Extensions/Compatibility: Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera
- Choose which ads you want to see.
- Software that is easy to use and doesn’t take up much space can be used more quickly.
- Besides blocking ads, it also blocks trackers and malware.
- Users can allow sites that are sponsored.
- Websites that have a strong safe listing feature.
- Stops all kinds of ads from showing up in browsers.
- Flexible settings for blocking ads.
- works only with Chrome browsers.
- Few things to offer.
5. Adblock Plus
Adblock Plus is another great choice on the list of Best Ad Blocker for Windows. Users can add this to their browser and start surfing more smoothly without any ads in the way.
This plugin isn’t too big, which is good because it doesn’t slow down the system. This quickly blocks all ads on websites that are annoying. You can choose which sites you’ll let show ads. Also, the ads that are allowed on certain sites are already set.
- Pop-up ads, video ads, banner ads, and other types of ads are blocked.
- Every time you open a browser, it should be quick and easy to use.
- By default, the software lets ads on certain websites that are acceptable.
- A simple interface with many features that are easy to see makes it quick to get rid of ads.
- This is something that is open-source.
- You can use any function for free.
- It works with many different browsers.
- It can make it hard to get rid of all kinds of ads.
- Compared to other options, there aren’t as many functions here.
The AdGuard extension is one of the best free ways to block ads. It is one of the smallest and most useful ad-blocking web extensions, and it makes sure you can browse without ads.
The software protects all browsers from different kinds of ads, like banner ads, pop-up ads, video ads, text ads, and interstitial ads. With the built-in ability to block elements, users can also block certain parts or parts of a webpage.
AdGuard Assistant is a separate application that has strong filtering abilities and works in the same way as this extension.
Browser Extensions/Compatibility: Opera, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Yandex.Browser, Edge
- It can get rid of scripts that try to get around Adblock
- AdGuard blocks different kinds of ads, such as text ads, pop-up ads, ads that go inside your browser, and so on.
- For full-scale filtering on different desktop systems, you can use AdGuard Assistant.
- There are ways to protect the privacy of data.
- There are community repositories and repositories on GitHub.
- Blocks video ads.
- Protects the system from cookies that track users.
- As an extension, it can’t block all types of ads and malicious content on all browsers.
- Windows users can only try it for free for 14 days.
7. Tor Browser
Tor Browser is a good choice for Best Ad Blocker for Windows that is available on the market. It gives users advanced features that protect them from being watched, keep them from being tracked, and let them censor what they see on the internet. It can be used in many places and supports many languages, so many people around the world can use it.
This extension can stop unauthorized third-party browser plugins like QuickTime, RealPlayer, and others that can find private data from working. Tor Browser automatically blocks them so that you can have more privacy.
Browser Extensions/Compatibility: Opera, Chrome, Safari, Firefox
- Keeps content from being censored.
- Protection based on high-quality surveillance.
- Safety from ads or software that tracks you.
- When you are in a place that doesn’t support this app, go to Network Settings and set up a bridge.
- Supports many languages, such as English, German, French, Finnish, Spanish, etc.
- New software users can find help in the form of tutorials.
- There are three layers of encryption.
- There are safety concerns here because the security is not the best.
- Not good enough for most people.
TrustNav AdBlocker is another one of these Best Ad Blocker that a lot of people find useful. It is a strong ad-blocking technology that can quickly stop different kinds of ads from working. This ad blocker always protects users from unwanted ads, whether they are streaming videos or reading blog posts.
The software extension for web browsers is based on the idea that privacy protection is important. It does this by working with the SafeSearch feature in Trustnav Security, search engines, and ad networks.
Browser Extensions/Compatibility: Chrome, Firefox
- Software that doesn’t take up too much space will run faster on more than one device.
- The advanced ability to find and block ads.
- Pop-up ads that disappear on their own
- Advanced settings for blocking video ads.
- UI is easy to use.
- Keeps browsing private, so ads can’t see what you’re doing.
- SafeSearch is a feature that makes browsing safer and smoother.
- Filters that stop people from blocking ads can find it easily.
- Modern browsers like Microsoft Edge don’t work as well with it.
Privacy Badger is a well-known Best Ad Blocker option that can be used on multiple platforms. If you have a Windows device, you can download the extension for Firefox, Opera, or Chrome. But the browser add-on isn’t just an ad blocker. Instead, it focuses on protecting your privacy.
For this reason, the extension helps users stop third-party ads from tracking them as they look at websites. If the software finds an advertiser that is specifically targeting you and keeping track of what you do online, it will block all ads from that advertiser.
Browser Extensions/Compatibility: Opera, Firefox/Firebox (Android), Chrome
- Usage can be checked by fingerprinting from a third party.
- There is a “Do Not Track” signal for custom ad-blocking functions.
- Keeps out ads that track you.
- GPC-compliant means that it follows the rules of the Global Privacy Control.
- With the learning feature turned on, the software keeps track of ads and where they come from.
- It looks at all the browser cookies before getting rid of any.
- Protecting privacy is the most important thing.
- It no longer works on Edge Legacy (Microsoft).
- This is more of a privacy tool than an ad blocker.
10. Ublock Origin
Ublock Origin is an extension that blocks a wide range of content, so calling it an ad blocker is not quite right. But it is one of the best options because it does the same things as any of the Best free Ad Blocker and does them well.
This tool is very small and ensures that users will be able to browse faster. It doesn’t put a lot of stress on the device’s RAM or CPU. This software has strong filters for the things it does, such as the EasyList feature for getting rid of ads and the EasyPrivacy feature for stopping tracking.
Browser Extensions/Compatibility: Opera, Firefox, Edge, Chrome
- Advanced filtering to get rid of ads that aren’t needed.
- Safeguards against dangerous malware.
- Stop pre-fetched links from loading if you don’t have a VPN.
- Everyone can use it for free.
- You can block certain parts of a website and ads.
- Easy to use and not too heavy.
- Not the best choice for people who are just starting out.
- Problems are shown when blocking some kinds of ads.
Use an ad blocker to get rid of all the extra ads for the best browsing experience. Even though all of the above options are great at what they do, we think Avira Browser Safety and AdBlocker Ultimate are the Best Ad Blocker for Windows.
Before you choose one, check to see if it works with different browsers to see which one gives you the best benefits. Check out our other posts like this one if you have other questions about the software.