Once you’ve logged in, today’s smart gadgets instantly connect to any Wi-Fi network.
People currently have a short attention span, therefore Wi-Fi passwords are easily forgotten. When they are in range, modern devices can connect to the saved network. It’s aggravating if you can’t remember the password when you need to connect your new gadgets.
Without jailbreaking your iPhone, you won’t be able to locate your Wi-Fi password easily. However, certain workarounds allow you to check the Wi-Fi password. Learn how to find the WiFi password on your iPhone by reading on. Your current iPhone can help you discover your Wi-Fi password if you haven’t written it down or saved it anywhere.
4 Ways to Find WiFi Password on iPhone
Step 1: Using the Router Setting to Find WiFi Password on iPhone
- On your iPhone, go to Settings: Every iPhone has an app with a gear-shaped emblem.
- Now press the Wi-Fi button.
- Tap “I” next to the name of your Wi-Fi network: It’s a button with a blue border around a tiny case letter.
- Then copy by pressing and holding the digits near to the router: Copy the IP address of the router to the clipboard so you may put it into the web browser later.
- Next, open any web browser and go to: Use any of the web browsers on your iPhone.
- Paste the IP address into the search box and press Enter:
- To paste an item from the clipboard, press and hold the search bar at the top of the browser, then choose the paste option.
Note: If the page comes with the notice “Your Connection is Not Private” after hitting Enter, press Advanced and then Proceed.
- Sign-in using the router’s ID and password: Use the username and password for your router that you obtained from your Internet Service Provider, or that is printed on the back of the router or in the user manual. The Id and password for your router must be different from the Wi-Fi login and password.
Note: The most typically used router username is “user,” “admin,” or “leave it blank,” while the most regularly used router password is “password,” “admin,” or “leave it empty.”
- From the drop-down menu, select wireless: This option will be found in the menu bar on the page’s left side. The same button may have a different name depending on your ISP or router. To reach the router’s security settings, where you could locate your Wi-Fi password, you may need to press a few more buttons.
- Finally, behind the Wi-Fi network name, the Wi-Fi password appears: You may recover your lost Wi-Fi password by completing the procedures listed above one by one. You may also remove your old Wi-Fi password and set a new one that is easy to remember from this page.
Step 2: Using a Mac, locate the password for your iPhone’s Wi-Fi
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app and tap the Apple Id button at the top of the screen.
- After that, select I-Cloud from the list of possibilities.
- After that, tap Keychain to make sure it’s switched on. This functionality is enabled by selecting the radio button.
- Press the Apple sign in the top-left corner of your Mac’s screen.
- Then select a system preference.
- After that, tap the Apple id and make sure the I-cloud Keychain box is checked.
- Then, on the left side of the screen, pick iCloud.
- Then, on your dock, press the half-blue and half-grey face icons to launch the finder window. You can also access it by right-clicking on the desktop and then hitting the Command and N keys on your keyboard.
- Now, on the left side of the Finder window, click Applications.
- After that, go to the utility folder and open the Keychain Access app.
- Then, in the available search bar, type your Wi-Fi network name and press Enter, and then double-click on it to open a popup window.
- After that, compare the show password to the square-shaped box.
- Enter the password you used to log into your Mac’s Keychain now.
- You’ll eventually acquire your Wi-Fi password.
Step 3: On a jailbroken iPhone, discover the Wi-Fi password
iPhones that have been jailbroken do not have any software limitations imposed by the manufacturer. Users who jailbreak their smartphones gain full access to the operating system’s root. Jailbroken iPhones void Apple’s warranty and are usually considered unlawful.
- To begin, open the Cydia app and search for Wi-Fi Passwords, then click to install it.
- Return to the Cydia app after it’s finished installing.
- Go back to the Home screen and open the Wi-Fi password app.
You’ll find all of the Wi-Fi passwords you’ve ever used on your iPhone here.
Step 4: Use network-list to see your iPhone’s Wi-Fi password (For Jailbroken iPhones)
- On your iPhone or iPad, download and install the “Network-List” app from the Cydia app.
- Now press the Restart Springboard button to bring up your home screen again.
- Now open the Settings app.
- Then, from the list of Known networks options, pick WLAN.
- Find Network Key appears on your iPhone once you tap on it.
Don’t be concerned or irritated if you can’t remember your iPhone’s wi-fi password.
Simply select one of the four methods listed above and follow the procedures one by one to quickly recover your wi-fi password. The alternative option is to install Tenoshare 4uKey – Password Manager directly on your iPhone to view and access passwords for wifi, e-mail, and apps. The router settings are the most popular and suggested approach to finding your iPhone’s wi-fi password.