E-learning is quickly approaching, in-trending, and spreading like wildfire among educational institutions and the corporate world in today’s environment when practically everything is digitalized. Among administrators, executives, learners, and businesses, the online Learning Management System, commonly known as LMS, is a rapidly increasing concept. Video-based learning is an important component of many digital learning programs. Moodle and Moodle alternatives are two LMS application systems that might help you with your e-learning needs.
What is Moodle?
Moodle is a famous open-source learning management system that offers a free, simple, and reliable learning platform. This learning management system is mostly utilized in K12 (kindergarten through 12th grade), higher education, and employee training around the world. Despite this, Moodle is the most widely used learning management system in the world, running on extremely secure encrypted servers.
- Moodle is a free app that you can download and use on your device.
However, you can give to help them continue their work by visiting their official website.
- Try out the Moodle Cloud and sign up for one of the most appropriate packages-
- Starter Plan- Ideal for a single class, the plan is available at $80/year.
- Mini Plan- Upto maximum 100 users, you can buy maximum file storage of 200MB along with other features at $250/year.
- Small plan- Buy it at $500/year and take multiple classes for up to 200 users.
- Medium Plan- Available at $1000/year, you can take numerous courses up to 500 users at a time with a file storage capacity of up to 1GB.
3. Find a suitable Moodle Partner and set up your e-learning platform.
Why Do You Need Alternatives to Moodle?
The absence of modifying GUI capabilities in Moodle is one of the key reasons you should look at Moodle alternatives. In addition, for newcomers, the program is not the best-fit measure. Let us learn about Moodle alternatives while keeping an open mind, and then choose the one that best suits your demands.
Here Are 16 Moodle Alternatives (Free) for Online Education and Training in 2021:
1. Google Classroom
Google Classroom, the finest Moodle alternative, is a fantastic learning program for educators created by Google. Learners and organizations can use the app as a dedicated education tool to deliver education through assignments, classes, interactive discussion, and feedback. Without hesitation, you may try this Moodle replacement right now.
Google Classroom Features:
- Simplified teaching and learning by sharing a code and setting up a class in minutes.
- Integrated tools, such as original reports, consistent grading, and updated FAQs based on recently answered feedback.
- Face-to-face connections using Meet built into the classrooms.
- Stringent security measures to restrict classroom activity to class members only.
- Integrated with other educator-approved applications.
- Also has a mobile interface, compatible with iOS and Android devices.
Google Classroom Pricing:
- It is free for all its users.
Canvas is an LMS with a versatile and configurable architecture and design, making it a good alternative to Moodle. The software enables users, both learners, and educators, to interact and communicate effectively, hence improving the learning experience as a whole.
- Collaborative workspace
- Allows students to record audios and videos
- Canvas also offers web conferencing tools
- It encourages VET (Vocational Education & Training) organizations to adopt e-learning.
- Canvas integrates all the K-12 apps for better scalability and an intuitive learning experience.
- You can also try the free version creating a free account, and enjoy a free live demo to understand how Canvas works.
Pay a one-time implementation cost and an annual membership price dependent on the number of users. When you contact Canvas Support, you can get a price.
Docebo is the top cloud-based e-learning service provider to accomplish operational efficiency with AI superpowers. It is known as the Moodle competitor in the online LMS sector. It is intended to assist businesses in improving their partners’, customers’, and workers’ learning experiences.
- Fully integrated, scalable, and mobile-compatible interface
- Extendable and robust LMS
- Docebo also offers you to activate an ECS, i.e., Enterprise Cloud Solution app.
- Docebo also provides asynchronous and blending learning.
- Provides classroom and certification management.
- Get a custom quote and set up your learning platform in three months with Docebo.
Bridge is the only cloud-based LMS software among the fifteen Moodle competitors that includes plenty of authoring tools, career planning options, and assessment tools—looking for a platform that allows you to produce training materials for several job positions? One of the greatest solutions is Bridge LMS.
- It has a mobile-compatible interface, as well.
- Bridge offers quite a few extensive features, including custom learning paths, evaluating participants’ progress, and measuring the different courses’ effectiveness.
- It includes more comprehensive language support.
For $9 per month per user, you can get the best of learning and performance.
You get all of the Learning Plan’s capabilities, plus some extras like Performance Analytics, an Organizational Chart and Directory, and so on.
Mindflash, one of the end-to-end Moodle alternatives, is well-known as an enterprise solution for staff training programmes for multinational corporations. The programme provides support for instructor-led live courses, allowing users to gain valuable experience arranging real-time seminars and training sessions.
- Mobile-responsive, flexible, and customizable.
- Multi-language support.
- Mindflash offers options for White-labeling and user management.
- It also supports editing during live classes.
There is a Standard, Premium, and Enterprise plan with extensive ranges of facilities at quoted prices.
6. SAP Litmos
SAP Litmos, a business LMS in conjunction with Salesforce for safe data exchange and employee service training, is one of the most trusted Moodle competitors in 2020.
SAP Litmos Features:
- Simple and easy-to-use platform
- No expensive installations or training are required for use.
- Hassle-free system admin dashboard.
- It offers white labeling and custom branding.
- Multi-language and localization support.
- Embedded content creation feature
- Enjoy the 14 days free trial.
SAP Litmos Pricing:
Depending on whether you want a simple LMS function or an LMS with training courses, you can request a price. You can look into the many pricing choices here.
7. Absorb LMS
Absorb LMS is a simple, learner-friendly LMS with hundreds of in-built, pre-configured courses. You can personalise the learning platform according to the learners’ needs.
Absorb LMS Features:
- You have access to more than 1500 courses and message templates.
- You can manipulate the dashboard, i.e., FAQs, Featured Courses, News Articles, etc., along with the whole learning experience.
- The software allows learners to view the content as they want.
- Absorb LMS has several exciting features, such as Analytics & Reporting, Machine learning, Learner Engagement, Smart Engagement, eCommerce, Content library, e-signature, etc.
- It is mobile-responsive as well.
Absorb LMS Pricing:
- Try the demo. If satisfied, get a quote by contacting them through the website.
Edmodo is a global education network application with extensive capabilities that is one of the Moodle alternatives discussed. Edmodo provides an integrated, user-friendly platform for collaboration and effective communication as an educational technology-oriented LMS.
- You can sign up for free and explore the application on your own.
- Edmodo provides integration of classroom management, LMS management, and message synchronization.
- It also offers the advanced functions of white-labeling, file sharing, collaborative learning, and gamification.
- Additional features include visualization, analytics, and dashboard.
- It is free to use. Create a free account now
A popular Moodle alternative is Coassemble. It is, however, a learner-centered online learning management system with built-in templates and drag-and-drop features.
Users can develop and update courses on the fly, anywhere and at any time, thanks to its mobile adaptability. All that is required is a reliable internet connection.
- The UX-driven platform is easy to handle for all types of learners- novices or experts.
- Coassemble also offers accurate data and granular reports to help you filter and refine your courses.
- Highly scalable
- Frequently updated software and price-efficient with online content creation.
- As a larger company, you can upgrade to an unlimited subscription for $299/month and take advantage of additional features such as recording business knowledge and sharing it in real-time with your team.
Schoology is compatible with all sorts of blended learning as well as 100% course learning. The Moodle alternative includes more than 200 instructional tools and is pre-integrated with the learning platforms and databases that remote learners require.
- It is focused on K-12 learning and excellence.
- Integrated learning platform for teachers, students, parents, administrators, and coaches.
- Schoology offers the primary facilities of cloud learning and mobile compatibility.
- 200+ integrated educational online apps.
- The platform is well-equipped for collaborative learning, gamification, video conferencing, grading, white-labeling, and file-sharing.
- Unique dashboard with analytics and reporting management.
- Individual teachers can use it for free, and educational organisations can use it for a fee. Request a bespoke quote right now.
11. Tovuti LMS
Tovuti LMS, a next-generation LMS platform for fading online learning, is a Moodle alternative.
Tovuti LMS Features:
- Coaching support for all new clients and tutorial library.
- Tovuti LMS offers admin-supportive facilities of creating a report, tracking learners’ progress, using a KPI dashboard to glance at a summarized on-goings of your business.
- Open API and Single Sign-On (SAML & OAuth 2.0) capabilities.
- Gamification, eCommerce, White labeling, automated event management, interactive content management, and notification alerts.
Tovuti LMS Pricing:
- Enjoy the premium Pro plan, which includes all of the benefits of the Core plan plus additional features like virtual meetings, Zapier & API, Single Sign-On, and more. Optional plans are also available.
NEO LMS is an award-winning learning management system used by a number of colleges and schools. It provides classroom management as well as the necessary tools for collaborative student-teacher engagement.
NEO LMS Features:
- It has an intuitive UI with a responsive design, smart dashboard, real-time widgets, and a simple-to-use navigator platform.
- 24×7 online helpline center.
- The application supports different kinds of teaching styles- blended, self-paced, micro, and instructor-led.
- It also offers 15 assignment types, viz. essays, discussions, attendance, SCORM, etc.
- Advanced features of tracking the student performance, bidirectional email integration, and many more.
NEO LMS Pricing
- It has a free plan as well as a Premium plan for schools and universities
SkyPrep, another award-winning LMS platform that includes robust authoring, distribution, grading, and learner progress monitoring, all with an intuitive UI, is a comprehensive, cost-effective alternative to Moodle.
- Flexible course distribution option
- Automated grading
- Real-time reporting
- SkyPrep offers domain and IP restrictions with stringent security controls.
- Enjoy a 14-day free trial or upgrade to the Premium plan for $499/month, which includes all Core features as well as improved gamification elements, multi-platform hierarchy, and more.
14. Blackboard Learn
Blackboard Learn is a legitimate Moodle alternative since it is an innovative, responsive, and trustworthy platform for providing a full e-learning experience.
You should try it out.
Blackboard Learn Features:
- Scalable, flexible, modern, intuitive, and responsive interface
- Blackboard Learn offers the learning management functionalities of authoring, assessments, collaborative learning, content library, grading, and white-labeling.
- It also provides a content delivery and tracking mechanism.
Blackboard Learn Pricing:
- You have to contact them to get your quoted price.
TalentLMS is an e-learning alternative to Moodle that is customised and cloud-based.
You can easily construct courses using the built-in, pre-configured templates, or you may use old films, presentations, or web content straight from the integrated online apps.
- It supports SCORM, TinCan (xAPI), notifications, extensible user profiles, etc.
- The software offers exam engines that feature assessment and evaluation.
- The program is best suitable for employee orientation.
The Plus plan, which costs $249 per month and contains all of the Basic plan’s capabilities as well as additional options like automation, custom reports, SSL for your custom domain, and more, is the most popular plan for up to 500 members.
16. ProProfs LMS
The best Moodle replacement is ProProfs LMS. It is the world’s most user-friendly cloud LMS. It, like Moodle, is used by millions of individuals around the world and may be used for employee training as well as educational purposes.
ProProfs LMS Features:
- Premium library of ready-to-use courses
- Virtual classroom
- Quizzes for assessment
- 70+ interface languages
- Discussion & collaboration forum
- Powerful software integrations
- Learning record store
- AI-powered reporting & analytics
- Course certification
- eCommerce platform
ProProfs LMS Pricing:
- The starter plan starts at $2/learner/month (billed annually). ProProfs offers 50% off on an unlimited learners plan. No per-user fee. Try any plan for 15 days for FREE.
If Moodle isn’t for you, consider one of the 16 Moodle alternatives listed above.
Learn in a whole new way from the comfort of your own home. Some companies provide a free trial or a free version for life. The rest provide a free live demonstration to show you how the programme works. So, in 2021, you can easily select the finest Moodle LMS solution that meets your requirements.